question

krzysztofjanik avatar image
krzysztofjanik asked

Azure Functions deployment slots. Is there a way to use the wiht playfab?

Hi, I would like to use deployment slots for my game. My goal is to have current version and update version of the functions, but I don't have idea how to easly use it with playfab where I have to register every function.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to Azure Functions deployment slots, "Traffic redirection is seamless; no requests are dropped because of a swap. This seamless behavior is a result of the next function triggers being routed to the swapped slot.", it seems that the endpoint would not change. May I know what you mean by "I have to register every function."?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

krzysztofjanik avatar image krzysztofjanik commented ·

Hi, thank you for answer. My goal is to have two versions of server code for two versions of client code (current stable and update version). So for every method I would have to register it twice. Is this a good way of doing this? Then on client I would have to define if I'm on stable or update version and based on that define name of method? (assuimg every method will have suffix "_stable","_update" in this case (HellWorld_Update)

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao krzysztofjanik commented ·

As far as I know, if you have two versions of server code, you can use deployment slots to swap between each other. But if your client has two versions as well, and each version has a corresponding server code, you have to register functions twice.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.