question

dylan-1 avatar image
dylan-1 asked

[ue4] For Matchmaking: GameModeName == QueueName?

1/2 the docs mention Game Mode, 1/2 mention Queue Name.

Since I'm getting "game mode not found" err when I attempt to Matchmake(), I'm having trouble diagnosing if the issue is this or something else.

Does GameMode Name + Queue Name equal the same term? Which is the old term, which is the new term? Any chance you guys can de-intermingle these in the docs?

sdksunrealMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

There is no game mode in Server 2.0. And Matchmaking - Matchmake - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn is for Legacy Custom Servers, you can refer to Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to have the new information about Matchmaking. Also, If the docs you mentioned is Matchmaking scenario and configuration examples - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, the GameMode is an attribute which can be used in Queue Rules to restrict matches to ones where all players contain the same game mode, while Queue Name is just a name for a specific queue. For more information about Server 2.0, you can refer to Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.