question

mathilde@mira.world avatar image
mathilde@mira.world asked

PlayFab setup for multi region

Hello,

I would like to know if we can setup different titles or studio depending on the target region jurisdiction.

For example: - to create user account in Europe, I would like to use PlayFab in Europe storage so that I'm compliant with GDPR. - to create user account in US, I would like to use PlayFab is US storage so that I'm compliant with US rules ...

Thank you a lot !

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

There is no region jurisdiction. Please check the PlayFab’s Terms of Service in this link: Terms of Service (playfab.com).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mathilde@mira.world avatar image mathilde@mira.world commented ·

Hello Rick,

not sure I understand your answer about region jurisdiction. I'm speaking about EU GDPR jurisdiction requiring us to store personal information (like first name, last name, email, ... ) in EU only. I've been told there was PlayFab storage option to choose the region so that we comply with GDPR accordingly.

I understand PlayFab did a remove/export feature so that user can export/remove their PI but GDPR is not only about these features...

Best,

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ mathilde@mira.world commented ·

Yes, you do need to comply the GDPR terms mentioned in https://playfab.com/terms/ 4. GDPR Terms

What do you mean by PlayFab storage option that allow customer to choose the region?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.