question

jdurriher avatar image
jdurriher asked

Multiplayer Server Pricing, Live vs Development

Hi,

I've been reading the Multiplayer pricing doc

And something I'm unsure about is the exact (if any) difference between billing as a development title vs as a live title.

As a development title we get 750 instance hours free. So having a VM with 5 instances active/in standby 'costs' (i.e. depletes the quota) more than if the same VM only had 1 instance in an active/standby state.

Is this the same for a live title? In the doc it says:

Virtual machine instance hours - The hours of virtual machine time that your game servers are utilizing.

So would we be billed solely for the number of hours the virtual machine is running?

Or is it the same as in development when the cost of the VM also depends on the number of instances running?

I.e. would I pay more for 1 VM running 10 instances (e.g. 2 Active, 8 Standby) vs 1 VM running 2 instances (e.g. 1 Active, 1 Standby)

Happy to clarify if anything's unclear

Thanks

pricingCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

There is no difference regarding the cost between development title and live title. As the document mentioned, PlayFab will bill for Virtual machine instance hours and Network egress. The number of instances doesn't affect the cost of Virtual machine instance hours. But running too many instances can affect the performance of the server. You may follow this document to determine how many instances you want to run: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/vm-metrics

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.