question

melihduman74 avatar image
melihduman74 asked

Can't Join Matchmaking Server

Hi, I want to make matchmaking system for my game. I've followed the tutorial on the docs but I can't join server. I'm using 2 different PCs and both logs show MatchmakingStatus = Matched. What can I do after seeing Matched status. After I called GetMatch and it's triggering successfully. 5368-image.png

unrealMatchmaking
image.png (70.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

melihduman74 answered

I've found my problem. I've didn't enabled Server Allocation. Now I enabled and add RegionSelectionRule. But now it's required to send Player Latency. I don't know much about Json, I'll try my best to implement. :) If someone implemented already, it'd be great source for me.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 commented ·

5375-image.png I'm trying to implement Attributes Json but it doesn't work. It gives me "There were no latency measurements" or "No valid attributes" etc. It produce different errors when I change Latencies to latencies or latency. I'm missing one spot but I couldn't find it, can someone help me?

5369-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (195.7 KiB)
image.png (21.4 KiB)
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

According to your scenario, the attribute path you should put in for it is simply “Latencies”: 5370-download-1.png

And please note that the Latencies must match the "Latencies" of Attributes in CreateMatchmakingTicket, here is a sample:

POST https://{
                 {TitleId}}.playfabapi.com/Match/CreateMatchmakingTicket
 {
     "Creator": {
         "Entity": {
             "Id": "A8140AB9109712B",
             "Type": "title_player_account",
             "TypeString": "title_player_account"
         },
         "Attributes": {
             "DataObject": {
                 "mu": 16.0,
                 "sigma": 1.8,
                 "Latencies": [
                     {
                         "region": "EastUs",
                         "latency": 150
                     },
                     {
                         "region": "WestUs",
                         "latency": 400
                     }
                 ]
             }
         }
     },
     "MembersToMatchWith": [],
     "GiveUpAfterSeconds": 2,
     "QueueName": "ServerEnabledQueue"
 }

You can refer to this document for more detail, if there are other error message, please tell me.

download-1.png (8.4 KiB)
4 comments
10 |1200

Thanks :) I'm creating MM Ticket succesfully. Now I'll try to match 2 PCs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, me again. I can't join via IPV4+port. Logs shows true ip+port but it doesn't connect. Maybe server needs to open the session with ?listen option? Or clients calling too early to join? Maybe server is not initialized when they calling join? 5376-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (281.9 KiB)
melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 melihduman74 commented ·

Do I need to add a command-line like MapName?Listen?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi melihduman74 commented ·

We would suggest you locally debug the game servers before you deploy it. In the progress of locally debugging, if the server executable has any issue, you can get the error stacks and logs conveniently. Please check this documentation Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab for more details about locally debugging.

0 Likes 0 ·
melihduman74 answered

I'Ve found my problem, it was in joining code. I was using Unreal's GetWorld()->Exec. I changed it to PlayerController->Exec() and it works now.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.