question

melihduman74 avatar image
melihduman74 asked

How to Test Lobby functions with Postman

Hi, I want to test lobby features within Postman. I have valid EntityToken and TitleId but I can't create lobby. 5372-image-2022-12-30-001607130.png

Anyone has an idea?

unrealtest
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 commented ·

Looks like my build has unhealthy regions, so I need to test locally before uploading the cloud. I assume I'm getting this error message because of this.

0 Likes 0 ·
melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 melihduman74 commented ·

I've tested with LocalMultiplayerAgent and it's Healty. I upload my fresh build to the cloud and it shows Healthy also. But when I try to test CreateLobby function from Postman it gives me same error. Maybe I can't test this feature from Postman?_?

0 Likes 0 ·
melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 melihduman74 commented ·

5364-image.png 5373-image.png I tried from Editor, still not creating. What am I missing?

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (16.0 KiB)
image.png (178.5 KiB)
Show more comments

I found my mistake, so stupid one :D. I was using EntityToken instead of Id. Now I can use CreateLobby succesfully. But I don't understand one think. Even I create a lobby, I can't see it from Servers tab on the website. Do I have to manually create a server to join?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Do you mean the Servers tab on the website that is Multiplayer tab on the Game Manager? If so, the created lobbies won’t show on any tab. The PlayFab Lobby is a service to create a temporary grouping mechanism for players to play games together. It's frequently used with matchmaking after finding people to play with. And the PlayFab Multiplayer Servers (MPS) is a server hosting service optimized for games. You can use PlayFab Multiplayer Servers to host multiplayer games. They are different, so a server is not required to create and join a lobby.

By default, the lobby needs a connected entity to be searchable. For more details, please see UseConnections section in CreateLobby API.

Postman can only send RESTful API and can't be used to establish the connections. To create a connected Lobby, please use PlayFab Multiplayer SDKs.

Otherwise, if you do not need real-time notifications, you can set UseConnections to false and also OwnerMigrationPolicy to None, then lobbies do not need connections to be searchable.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for informations. I think I just need a Matchmaking mechanism. I've finished my game already, Lobby and Game maps are present. From my understanding, I just need to Create a matchmaking ticket for 2 different IDs and wait them for connecting. Once connected to the server, ServerDefaultMap will be opened which is Lobby. I have a mechanism to proceed the GameMap automatically so I don't worry about that one. When match ends, players automatically proceed to the Lobby map. If these are correct, I need to know one more thing. I don't have standby servers for not exceeding free limit. How many seconds-minutes do the service needs to open a new server instance? And my free limit is consuming even I don't have active servers. Does it starts to calculage hours when uploading the build? Even we don't use any server? 5366-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (45.1 KiB)
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

From my understanding, I just need to Create a matchmaking ticket for 2 different IDs and wait them for connecting. Once connected to the server, ServerDefaultMap will be opened which is Lobby.

PlayFab Matchmaking is a functon that helps players match each other. It won't offer something to connect. And you say :"Once connected to the server, ServerDefaultMap will be opened which is Lobby", our Lobby is a service to create a temporary grouping mechanism for players, it's not a server. After the matchmaking ticket has successfully matched a group of players, you can use PlayFab API GetMatch to get lobbyArrangementString. Each player can then pass the arrangement string to the API JoinArrangedLobby to join the same lobby.

How many seconds-minutes do the service needs to open a new server instance?

The server does not have a definite time to open a new server instance, it depends on the VM you choose and the specific functionality of your server.

Does it starts to calculate hours when uploading the build? Even we don't use any server?

when you are uploading the build , it doesn't start to calculate hours. The StandingBy/Active state of game server will be charged. For more information about the states of game server, you can refer to this document.

2 comments
10 |1200

Thanks. So I need to call JoinArrangedLobby after GetMatch? I'll try. :) My all servers are in Standing By state but they don't charge anything, is it a bug or something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi melihduman74 commented ·

The statistics of server charges are not updated in real time, after the event vm_unassigned you can know Its consumption.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.