question

WalidChekkouri avatar image
WalidChekkouri asked

Unreal Engine Inventory Instance Data Retrieval Not Working,Unreal Engine Inventory Instance Item Data

I'm new to PlayFab and I'm trying to store apartment data, we have a list of apartments and each player can own some of these apartments, it seems that Inventory is the right way to do it:

I have created a Catalog Item (plays the role of a class) with the default value of numberOfRooms at 1. Then as an instance, in a player's inventory data I have this custom data to affect a different value to numberOfRooms after I granted the player this inventory.

When I try to retrieve the data it doesn't work!

,I'm new to PlayFab and I'm trying to store apartment data, we have a list of apartments and each player can own some of these apartments, it seems that Inventory is the right way to do it:

I have created a Catalog Item (plays the role of a class) with the default value of numberOfRooms at 1. Then as an instance, in a player's inventory data I have this custom data to affect a different value to numberOfRooms after I granted the player this inventory.

When I try to retrieve the data it doesn't work! 5286-1image.png

Player DataunrealPlayer Inventory
1image.png (307.2 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

I will do some research.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikecode-5101 avatar image mikecode-5101 commented ·

Can confirm I am having the same issue. Is it the case that the Instance item should have the same customData as the Catalog item?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Sorry for replying to you so late, when you want to get a specific CustomData, you should Get Object Field CustomData first. You can refer to the picture I provided to modify.5332-download.png

download.png (125.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.