question

Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image
Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne asked

Event Export not working for Amazon S3?

I am trying to create an Event Export for a new game, but I keep receiving the error:

• The provided bucket name or credentials are invalid.

I'm repeating the same process that I did for 10+ games (and they all worked fine), and I've already double-check the bucket name and the credentials and both seem to be be working fine.

I've also tried to update the Event Export for an old Game, without changing any of the fields and just clicking Save, and it shows the same error. So I thought it could be some issue with PlayFab's Event Export feature.

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Our engineering team were able to reproduce this issue. And they've tested a fix and will deploy it soon (within the next few days). Thank you for your patience.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne commented ·

Thank you! It's working great now :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne commented ·

Glad to hear that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

[Edit]: According to our engineering team, the issue should be fixed.

We have reproduced your issue and report it to the team. We will notify you if there are any results.

1 comment
10 |1200

Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne commented ·

Ok Thanks! Just checked again and still having the same problem.

When I opened the Event Export of an old game, it shows me:

• We are still setting up your event export. Please check back later. If this has lasted several minutes, please try resaving or delete and recreate the export.

Even though the export still is working fine.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Dobranowski avatar image
Thomas Dobranowski answered

Hello we have the same issue on our side, do you have some news about it ?

10 |1200

Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image
Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne answered

Still do not have an answer. Do you have any updates @Xiao Zha?

4 comments
10 |1200

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

You can check if your credentials have expired and have the correct permissions to access the bucket. Also, you can try deleting and recreating a new export with the same definitions to see if the issue persists.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne Xiao Zha commented ·

We double checked the credentials using both our internal API for S3 extraction (worked fine) and the Amazon S3 Web Interface (worked fine also). Also we have already tried deleting and creating the bucket, the problem still persists.

We also tried to "edit" the event export of an existing and working game, and clicking "Save" without changing any of the parameters. It still won't let us save. (even though the event export is still working as is until this day).

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne commented ·

Our engineering team suggests that you can create a new bucket in the same region and update the export definition to use the new bucket (also save as active export). Please let us know if it solves the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.