question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Expiration time incorrect

Title ID:C6D1C

I am trying to add an item that expires in 24 hrs. It stacks and is consumable. I have tried 24 hours, 36 hrs and 1 day. When I add the Catalog Item to my player using the playfab manager, it looks correct. I see the date set to expire correctly for the catalog in the playfab manager. When I access the Expire date on my catalog item in the player inventory I get another time for the same date.

I can give detail prints of what is going on or exact examples. Is there a bug with how the time is being set? Right now I assign myself the inventory item and checking player inventory in the client of my game.

unity3dPlayer Inventorygame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com answered

I found out that the playfab manager probably tries to adjust for my time zone. So the playfab manager is misleading. The time is stored in UTC time. So as long as I compare the current UTC time I am fine on all time zones.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

These are pics of the set up. I have the inventory item and the expiration date is roughly 23 and something hours. The item in the catalog. I then have a script that sift through the inventory and debugs the expiration date. In my dateTime calculations the hours left is 1 day and 6 hours. I think is set to 6 hrs later. Was thinking it might be a time difference issue. But not sure how to grab the exact value getting displayed in the playfab manager.

5262-codesnippet.png5272-debuglogs.png5263-catalogitem.png5273-playfabmanager.png

catalogitem.png (72.3 KiB)
playfabmanager.png (27.7 KiB)
10 |1200

I could only post 2 images at a time 5264-codesnippet.png5265-debuglogs.png

codesnippet.png (54.0 KiB)
debuglogs.png (12.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.