question

Riv avatar image
Riv asked

ValidateIOSReceipt doesn't work in production

ValidateIOSReceipt doesn't work in production.

In sandbox it works as expected but once it is a real purchase from the appstore it starts to return ServiceUnavailable (1123) error.

I tried to catch any info from the PlayStream by making a purchase by myself but the ValidateIOSReceipt is not registered and it doesn't show up when it throws a 1123.

So I can't post any additional information.

By the way, I'm using Unity 2022.1.

Any ideas? I had to stop in-app purchases because of that.

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Since there are no events generated in the PlayStream, which indicates that PlayFab doesn’t receive the request. The Service Unavailable error can be an ISP issue, for more info, you may refer to Causes for some players getting PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Unable to complete SSL connection, 400 BadRequest) - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Šimon avatar image
Šimon answered
10 |1200

Riv avatar image
Riv answered

I ended up implementing iOS receipt validation in a CloudFunction storing the transaction ids inside the player entity and it went ok.

Also I made it so that the client can switch back to the PlayFab one at any time using a key in Title Data.

There is definitely some issue in PlayFab side.

Maybe some request size problem?

My guess is that it's either the newer apps registered in App Store Connect return larger receipts, or that some unknown issue with Unity 2022.1 and PlayFab.

In any case, a custom CloudFunction that validates the receipt doesn't seem to have any problems with that, so it's likely that there is something wrong with how you guys handle production receipt validation.

I hope it get's fixed quickly so I can switch back. I can't track revenue data with the CloudFunction solution... still better than no IAP.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.