question

Gerald Phillips avatar image
Gerald Phillips asked

Email address types

Are there certain email inputs that PlayFab considers invalid? Some of my users have had issues registering accounts with an email that has a '.' in the username string (Example: 1234.5678@hotmail.com). I have checked my own verification system that I've implemented and it doesn't seem to be causing the issue. I have tested myself and get the "Invalid Input Parameters" returned error.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently, the username is required to be alphanumeric (A to Z - upper or lower - and 0-9) and between 3 and 20 characters. It is not the same as Email parameter in the RegisterPlayFabUser API. The email parameter can be general email format.

You can refer to this similar case: Email username and password validation - Playfab Community.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gerald Phillips avatar image Gerald Phillips commented ·

That makes sense - I am generating a username from the email automatically when calling RegisterPlayFabUser, so that would be the cause of the error. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.