question

Bryan Matsui Pierce avatar image
Bryan Matsui Pierce asked

What is the recommended way to create a season pass system with Economyv2

Hello, I am currently trying to recreate my season pass implementation in hopes of being able to automate the new season cycle. My previous system required quite a bit of manual input to reset the season but with Economyv2 being released I decided to revisit it.

Here are my two main limitations:

• Season Passes are purchased through the Marketplace (GooglePlay, AppStore)
  • Seasons are reset with Scheduled Tasks (hopefully it is fully automated)

What stuck out to me with the new Inventory system is the generated ItemID so I thought it would be best to take advantage of it and create the system around it. In general, my idea is to:

Have 1 bundle with the proper marketplace mappings to GooglePlay and the AppStore. The bundle contains 1 "pass" item.

When a new season starts, make a new "pass" item and delete the old "pass" item. Modify the bundle so that it contains the new item instead.

That's pretty much it. Now, any cloud function can check if the player has the correct pass token by getting the inventory of the player and the updated bundle and verify if it contains the correct item id. This seems like an easy way for me to implement it but the problem is that I can't find a way to modify the contents of an already published bundle without the admin panel.

Any ideas on how to fix/implement this?

CloudScriptIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryan Matsui Pierce answered

I think one possible way is to recreate the bundle itself but then again, I can't seem to be able to set the Marketplace Mappings through the API

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just found out that the Marketplace Mappings falls under the AlternateID list. https://community.playfab.com/questions/64827/economy-v2-real-money-purchase.htm

10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

As I understand, you want to modify the bundle with Scheduled task.

In this case, you can create an Azure Function Cloud Script to call the UpdateDraftItem API, you can use this API to update the items inside a bundle (with “ItemReferences” parameter). Then you can use the scheduled task to run this Azure Function.

10 |1200

Wait, is it possible to modify a published item with UpdateDraftItem? I assumed that we couldn't

1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

You can do some quick test with this API using Postman.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.