question

dylan-1 avatar image
dylan-1 asked

Azure permissions for guest accounts?

In the tutorial I was provided:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/quickstart-assign-role-user-portal

The Guest is assigned a `Virtual Machine Operator` role. However, this isn't enough to create a Function:

The errors hint what I need, but there are 20 roles for Storage, for example. We need the exact roles necessary on a new Azure Guest account to create a Function.

What else do I need, aside from Virtual Machine Operator (which let me at least attempt to create a Function)?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

This issue is out of our scope. Please contact Azure Support for professional assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

The last time I did that, I was blocked for 5 days, only to ask me questions I already answered :( is Azure Playfab really so detached from Azure there's not a single soul here that knows simply how to collaborate? :/

0 Likes 0 ·
dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

To add: it really should be in-scope. The fact that not even PF can answer "how to collab" feels like a giant red flag. Does this mean every issue relating to Functions (even as minimal as adding a collaborator) mean you will redirect us to Azure each time? Would you even do this to paid accounts that create a ticket? This feels... underwhelming.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha dylan-1 commented ·

PlayFab doesn't have the right to check your Azure subscription, so we can't do anything about the problem you are facing now. We can only suggest you seek help from Azure.

0 Likes 0 ·
dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 Xiao Zha commented ·

Sure you can - if one of us knew how to add a Guest account, we could surely add you guys. Azure is also script-setup-based: You guys can create a script to allow us to create the minimal Function required to work. There are *all kinds* of things you guys can do, but choose not to.

If no one at PF knows how to do any of this, how do you expect your users to, if you force us to use cloud scripts instead of your legacy options? Heck, you are called "Azure" PlayFab now, and you don't even have any docs specific to PF for this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.