question

Walter Geisler avatar image
Walter Geisler asked

What is the best way for my web api to access a player's matchmaking information.

I'm planning on using the matchmaker 2.0 to facilitate matchmaking without using PlayFab server instances. My game is simple enough to hosted in stateless form within a web api.

What I am wondering is how I would go about accessing the matchmaking information from the web api without relying on the clients explicitly providing it that information.

I searched up the PlayFab Rest API docs, but all of the requests to access a players matchmaking tickets and such are locked behind a client session ticket, not a secret key.

Is there a way I can obtain a players matchmaking information via trusted admin key channels? Or is the intent to hold on to the client session ticket already used to authenticate with my web api and make client requests on behalf of the user to obtain said information.

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If you want to access a player’s matchmaking information, you will need the matchmaking ticket Id and the EntityToken of the player in the ticket or Title level EntityToken. So, you can obtain a players matchmaking information with ticket Id and Title level EntityToken which can be used as a trusted admin key.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.