question

Sean Murphy avatar image
Sean Murphy asked

China support

How soon until china support will come? I've seen a lot of requests for it and seeing as a huge market is there, it would make north American developers lives easier for support. Especially with the launch of the new pico neo 4.

Any possibility for that support would be highly appreciated.

apissdksAccount ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Currently, we don't have a China version PlayFab, and we don’t have an ETA for that, please keep an eye on our PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to know any updates.

Due to the Great Firewall, users from China may need a VPN to access PlayFab service.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sean Murphy avatar image Sean Murphy commented ·

I would highly suggest posting in big bold letters on the front page china support is not available at this time. It would have saved me a years worth of work because now I'm sitting on a release date and have to rip playfab out of my game and find a new solution for the Chinese market. This is a nightmare.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Sean Murphy commented ·

Due to the Great Firewall, if you want to provide PlayFab services for players in China, you may need a proxy server to help you forward requests from them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean Murphy avatar image Sean Murphy Gosen Gao commented ·

Be advised, setting up proxies in China is generally considered a big no no and for corporations can cause severe penalties. I'd highly recommend avoiding suggesting that in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

I agree with Sean Murphy. This is a huge letdown. We would be willing to create a separate playfab title if we needed to. Then have similar logic that is not shared with the rest of the world, and just china players. Photon has gotten permission for China on their end. How come microsoft isn't able to?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.