question

danghoang2109 avatar image
danghoang2109 asked

Leaderboard for segment/group of player

I am planning to implement a leaderboard system, with, grouping player into small leaderboard by their score/paying tier.

Let's say we have 10k user. So may some player will have the display rank kinda low, like 9995th.

That quite bad, for user mood, so I rather split those 10k into 10, or 100 small board. Then the max rank number the worst player have can only be 100 or 1000th, They can aim for the top 3 of that board easily, as now there is 10 top-ranking

So I concern if playfab currently have any support for this?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

We have a Child Leaderboards Feature in Leaderboard v2, where you can create child leaderboards from a parent leaderboard, this helps better organize leaderboards. Currently Leaderboard v2 is in private preview and we don’t have ETA on when it will be released. Please stay in tune.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mark-4 avatar image
mark-4 answered

Any update on this? We're looking for the same feature. Many casual games are having small leaderboards of 5-100 players each, so that you stand a chance of progressing. Is there a contact I can reach out to, in order to access Child Leaderboards/Leadboard V2?

1 comment
10 |1200

Dominic Hamelin-Blais avatar image Dominic Hamelin-Blais commented ·

Same here, I'm very interested in this feature!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.