question

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison asked

FGetInventoryItemsResponse Needs To Return More Information About The Items!

I might be using the wrong api call here but I have a system with V1 economy that takes an item from the players inventory that uses the Item ID to asynchronously load assets that have the same name as the Item Id. I was hoping to replicate that same system using V2 economy but the item id is a long string. I looked at the data given back from GetInventoryItemsResponse and its only the ID, Type, StackId and amount which is not enough information. It should return the alternate Id as well as the Title which I am using as my "ItemId" replacement in my store.

Is there another function that can retrieve my players inventory items and actually give me usable data because being frank I'm not storing the ItemId string anywhere its just so clunky and you cant really run string comparisons like "contains" or === with that.

apissdksunrealdataPlayer Inventory
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

For instance getting the player inventory in V1 returned an FItemInstance which had all kinds of information, things like virtual currency and pretty much all the data we entered in the game manager for the item. That info is vital guys wthhh

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Currently, you can call Search Items API to get all the items with the full information at the start of the game, then cache it locally for later using. In addition, please feel free to post a feature request for it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

I thought that search items was for the store items but yeah that makes sense I can search the players entity correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Greggory Addison commented ·

If by search player entity you mean search player's inventory, you cannot search the player's inventory. The Search items API is designed for searching the whole catalog items or specific store items to get all the information of items, and you can cache it locally at the start of the game for later use, which can reduce the frequency of API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steffan avatar image Steffan Xiao Zha commented ·

SearchItems isn't a solution to this problem at all, then.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.