question

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose asked

Steam Consumables

I have been searching a lot but have not seen much about it.

I implemented the purchasing flow and was surprised to see that my purchase was labeled as "This Item is not refundable". Which is what I was hoping it should be. I was worried this would not be the case.

Is this status coming from Playfab based on the Item being Consumable?

Does playfab implement the QueryRefundAllowed/v0001?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The non-refundable status is not based on the consumable item. Since Steam Third-party developers will have the option to enable refunds for in-game items. And Steam will tell player at the time of purchase if the game developer has opted to offer refunds on the in-game item player are buying. Otherwise, in-game purchases in non-Valve games are not refundable through Steam, which means players may get the "This Item is not refundable" label in their purchase. For more information, you can refer to this Steam documentation: Steam Refunds.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose answered

I had assumed the default state was refundable. And you must implement these

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/microtransactions/implementation#:~:text=and%20start%20again.-,Steam%20Refunds%20Support,refund%20has%20been%20approved%20either%20automatically%20or%20by%20a%20support%20agent.,-For%20more%20information

URLs to disable it.

Reading it again maybe it is the opposite in that if you want to offer refunds you must implement them.

I do not want to offer refunds as the only purchases we have for real money are consumable coins.

So in my case it is doing what i wanted.

But others using playfabs steam integration wanted to offer refunds.

It seems like playfab must implement those urls because of the data required is handled by playfabs integration.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.