question

Mr Slo avatar image
Mr Slo asked

Matchmaking Api Silent Errors ?

Im testing Playfab Matchmaking and found there might be some silent errors happening.

My setup contains no Cloud Script.

I just wrote a script that register players and create tickets for them, expecting a match to be found.

But what ive found is not only the match is never found but i dont see those tickets being created in the queue metrics. I do get succesfull ticket creation responses tho, hence silent error.

This is my code to create the tickets:

public async Task<GetMatchmakingTicketResult> GetTicket(string ticket){   var result = await PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.GetMatchmakingTicketAsync(new()   {      QueueName = "Ranked",      TicketId = ticket,   });   _errorHandler.CheckErrors(result);   return result.Result;}public async Task<string> ObtainTicket(string entityId){   var result = await PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.CreateMatchmakingTicketAsync(new CreateMatchmakingTicketRequest(){      GiveUpAfterSeconds = 3599,      QueueName = "Ranked",      Creator = new MatchmakingPlayer(){         Attributes = new MatchmakingPlayerAttributes(){            DataObject = new{               Trophies = 1000}         },         Entity = new EntityKey(){            Id = entityId,            Type = "title_player_account"},},});   _errorHandler.CheckErrors(result);   return result.Result.TicketId;}

After creating the ticket i do get a OK response with the ticket data:

{"CancellationReasonString":null,"ChangeNumber":20,"Created":"2022-10-05T10:44:46Z","Creator":{"Id":"E18A354A6B3A139F","Type":"title_player_account"},"GiveUpAfterSeconds":3599,"MatchId":null,"Members":[{"Attributes":{"DataObject":{"Trophies":1000},"EscapedDataObject":null},"Entity":{"Id":"E18A354A6B3A139F","Type":"title_player_account"}}],"MembersToMatchWith":null,"QueueName":"Ranked","Status":"WaitingForMatch","TicketId":"f0f9d4db-7f2d-4819-b205-e4bed58b0d7d"}

But when going to playfab dashboard, going to Matchmaking , selecting my Queue i see zero metrics of tickets being created.

Also the matches never found, likely to the above.

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mr Slo avatar image Mr Slo commented ·

Playfab title just in case: 4C676

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Please note that there is some delay in the Matchmaking Usage page. If you got the Ticket in response, the Matchmaking Ticket should be created successfully. As for ‘the matches never found’ issue, you can create a simple Queue with 2 players to see if it works. You can also share us your Queue configuration for research.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply.

I created a queue with no rules, no servers, player count from 2 to 4 and made a script that registers 4 players and create a ticket one for each player.

All ticket creation are responded with 200 from playfab with the ticket status but the ticket is nowhere to be found in playfab, also no match Is created.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Mr Slo commented ·

I just create 2 players and try to match in your title. And the match is created successfully. Can you share us your script for research?

0 Likes 0 ·

Found the problem, was calling the queue "Ranked" for some reason. Changed to "fooqueue" and worked lol.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.