question

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison asked

Guide to using Bare-Metal servers with playfab services

I've been doing some price calculations to try and plan out a budget as well as expense chart. Starting out I would like to use some bare metal servers from local providers and was wondering if there is a guide to doing so. Also wanted to inquire about how this would affect services like economy, data and statistics?

I'm going to use my own matchmaking solution and I'm using EOS for authentication so I only need (in the beginning depending on scale) economy, inventory, cloud functions and data. I would only need server hosting if my game scales through the roof.

In-Game Economyunrealdatamultiplayerdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If by bare metal server you mean dedicated server then we don't have a guide on using bare metal server with playfab service. But you can still use economic, data, statistics and cloud function services unaffected, as these services are based on Restful API.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.