question

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison asked

Migrating To Economy V2

I have some pretty cool systems set up inside of the first version of the Economy feature. I'm currently trying to migrate them over to Economy V2 but Running into some annoying issues.

1. The naming conventions for the APIs are really confusing. Coming from V1 there is Get Catalog, Get Stores, Start Purchase, Confirm Purchase and the list goes on. In V2 everything is Inventory prefixed and I think that should change.

2. I'm using the Economy API and its confusing when trying to figure out whos calling the API for example a function called PurchaseInventoryItems in V2 doesn't specify if its running on the client or not. Sometimes I get permission issues.

3. No character specific inventory is a bummer!

4. Docs need some love! There are some features like Keywords that I would like to use but there is no example of how to properly fill out that field. I Followed the default JSON format but got an error saying the format was invalid.

5. Theres also Batch Operations. These sound amazing. In my mind i can get an array of items and run a batch operation to purchase each of those items all in one function that way the async calls don't override one another but I keep getting permission errors. Im not sure if I call this on the title or the player. By default on the title can do it but I would like my client to be able to batch purchase multiple items. If this is doable without batch operations let me know

6. Using Real Money? Coming from V1 there is a Start Purchase -> Confirm Purchase style workflow for transactions that need to be confirmed inside of the games platform (e.g Steam) I don't see the equivalent of that for economy V2. Maybe I'm blind

apissdksIn-Game EconomyunrealPlayer Inventory
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

For #4 I found the localization tab and now it makes sense! This should be in the quick start

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Thanks for the feedback. Here are some quick answers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered
2 comments
10 |1200

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

I appreciate your hard work in the forums. With #5 and dealing with Batch Operations. I changed my policy to allow the client to run batch operations. What I didn't know is that even if they dont have Add permissions they can still run an Add operation. I think this is a bug because the batch operations function seems to just run the base functions multiple times in one call. So If the client doesn't have add permissions then that batch operation should be skipped. Because pretty much in order to prevent clients from just adding whatever item they want Im stuck doing a weird loop that hangs my game up when trying to purchase multiple quest items (which are free items I'm using as tokens to validate quests).

Could it be possible to along with allowing batch operations, choose which of those operations the client should have permission to run? In a future update of course

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Greggory Addison commented ·

Thanks. That's good feedback. We'll add that feature to the backlog.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.