question

anudeep avatar image
anudeep asked

How do I implement a flexible Reward System?

Looking to make my game read the list of reward missions from title data on PlayFab, and keep track of each players progress. Once the mission has been achieved/completed, it will only be active after a cool down time. I can use the scheduled tasks to update the json file with rewards. But, how can I achieve this through playfab?

Title Datadatascheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The client can use the GetTitleData API to get the missions. After they finish the mission, they can update their progress on their Player Data. You can record the timestamps when they complete the mission in the Player Data, such that when they try to take the mission again, you can check if the elapsed time since last mission-completion is greater than the cool down time and decide to grant the player mission again. You can implement the logic on Azure Function Cloud Script and store the progress on Player Internal Data to prevent the players from cheating.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.