question

josephkwaterhouse avatar image
josephkwaterhouse asked

Telemetry Payload Only Data

I'm trying to keep costs minimum and develop a good workflow from the start using telemetry purely for analytics.

The outcome of a single telemetry event seems to have a lot of unnecessary used character space which bloats the file size and cost, (if the 1kb to 1 tick rule applies here).

Is there any way to have just the data "key1" : "data1", "key2" : :data2"? I will include playerId or time myself if needed. I will then try and use this data on a simple analytics software/provider.

Would cloud script be better suited for this? Any examples to help if so greatly appreciated.

Here is the code I am using to send the event.

WriteEventsRequest request = new WriteEventsRequest();
List<EventContents> contentList = new List<EventContents>();
EventContents content = new EventContents();
//PlayFabAuthenticationContext context = new PlayFabAuthenticationContext();

content.Name = "telemetry_test";
content.EventNamespace = "custom";
content.Payload = dictionary;
contentList.Add(content);

request.Events = contentList;
PlayFabEventsAPI.WriteTelemetryEvents(request, OnEventSend, OnError);

Thanks.

dataanalytics
ucrnu.jpeg (76.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> Is there any way to have just the data "key1" : "data1", "key2" : :data2"?

You cannot generate events that only contain the Payload with WriteTelemetryEvents API. Other data associated with the event will be created automatically.

>> Would cloud script be better suited for this?

We recommend that you can use PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, which is more powerful.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.