question

kyleryan avatar image
kyleryan asked

Platform Support Concerns

When looking at documentation for PlayFab, I've come across a trend where certain major platforms (Mac, Switch and Playstation) are not supported in most of the major features for the Unreal/Unity SDKs.

Is this something that is a work in progress, or are there other reasons they are not supported?
(I.e. I don't see any feature that supports Mac, which feels like an organisational decision to not support a competing OS)

unity3dsdksunrealsupportdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since PlayFab SDK is based on Restful API, it is weakly related to any platforms. So, it doesn’t matter which type of platform that you are using. At the present stage our PlayFab Party SDK and Playfab Lobby and Matchmaking SDK are supported on Switch and PlayStation platforms but not MacOS. If you want our Party SDK and Lobby SDK are supported on MacOS, please post a feature request here.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.