question

fitbeargames avatar image
fitbeargames asked

Querying against all user data within a Cloud Script Function,Querying all stored player data

I'm working on a game that emphasizes custom level creation and sharing of levels between players. I will need to allow players to upload created levels (represented as JSON objects) to a datastore, and to query against that datastore to discover levels created by other players.

If I'm reading the docs correctly, it seems that I can store these levels within players as title_player_account Entity Objects. My goal then would be to create a Cloud Script Function which the game client makes a request to in order to validate the level, and then this Function would perform the actual storage of the Entity Object on that player.

Then, I'd presumably need another Cloud Script Function for searching other users' levels, if that's at all possible.

I'm wondering if there's a simpler data solution within PlayFab that I'm missing, or if I'll need to integrate a separate datastore for my needs.

I'm working on a game that emphasizes custom level creation and sharing of levels between players. I will need to allow players to upload created levels (represented as JSON objects) to a datastore, and to query against that datastore to discover levels created by other players.

If I'm reading the docs correctly, it seems that I can store these levels within players as title_player_account Entity Objects. My goal then would be to create a Cloud Script Function which the game client makes a request to in order to validate the level, and then this Function would perform the actual storage of the Entity Object on that player.

Then, I'd presumably need another Cloud Script Function for searching other users' levels, if that's at all possible.

I'm wondering if there's a simpler data solution within PlayFab that I'm missing, or if I'll need to integrate a separate datastore for my needs.

Player Dataentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

The Entity Object is not designed to store large data. In your case, I suggest using PlayFabUser Generated Content, which allows your players to create, upload, and search for moderated content. You can check out this document for more detail: User-GeneratedContent (UGC) quickstart.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.