question

Ruben Pascual Blanco avatar image
Ruben Pascual Blanco asked

Server is ALWAYS unhealthy, but passes the localmultiplayer agent test successfully

I am trying to deploy a container based linux server build with Unity. LocalMultiplayerAgent runs the test successfully, responding to heartbeats and everything. I can't ever get it to run when deployed, always being in the "pending heartbeat" state as seen in the gamemanager menu.

I also can't find any way to debug it as when I connect to the server the process is actually always closed. I don't know what can be causing this.

The server is:

vmss:NorthEurope:11914_984b4052-41a6-46d2-8e8a-4702a3ee4143:628eeea0-d74a-4259-9213-93e8d3e5cd63

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

Can you connect to the server through the client when you test locally? Could you please provide a screenshot of the log for the local test and the screenshot of the server deployment configuration to help troubleshooting?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ruben Pascual Blanco avatar image Ruben Pascual Blanco Xiao Zha commented ·

Yes I can connect no problem with a client to the local test and play. Everything works perfect in the local agent test.

It still always is unhealthy in server.

Title ID is 11914

tried a new build:

vmss:NorthEurope:11914_2ab710f0-e620-4811-b3b1-c41f18dbe069:2f05da06-aa15-4df4-a44f-74e6b83fa530

0 Likes 0 ·
roeou.png (39.1 KiB)
pwv4n.png (40.0 KiB)
Ruben Pascual Blanco avatar image Ruben Pascual Blanco commented ·

Anyone? I can't keep my server open forever, it's comsuming VM hours

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Ruben Pascual Blanco commented ·

Sorry for the late reply. Did you follow the debugging tips of MpsSamples/Debugging.md at main PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com) to debug your game server? Is there any logs on the server side you can provide for us to research?

0 Likes 0 ·

I can't find the GSDK method (GameserverSDK.LogMessage("Here is a sample log")) for logging in Unity implementation. Doesn't seem to include any.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Ruben Pascual Blanco commented ·

We noticed that you posted another question. You seem to have solved the problem of how to check the logs on the server side. If you have any other issues, please feel free to post a question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, the problem was about permissions as I discovered after investigating more. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
subhamb avatar image subhamb commented ·

I am having the same issue as OP. The server build is always on "Unhealthy" status. However, it runs fine when I test the build locally with LocalMultiplayerAgent tool. Somehow, it's not working after deploying the build and it's not even generating any logs so it's impossible for me to debug the issue.

"Unhealhy" status showing after deployment of linux container server build on Playfab Multiplayer Server - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Ruben Pascual Blanco avatar image
Ruben Pascual Blanco answered

My problem ended up being about permissions. You may have been going trough the same issue.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/64660/unhealthy-linux-container-build-connected-to-remot.html

Check this for more details about what exactly is failing on my side.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

any logs on the server side? We also have some debugging hints here MpsSamples/Debugging.md at main PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.