question

Wolfgang Litzlbauer avatar image
Wolfgang Litzlbauer asked

MPS pricing

Hi!

I have a question concerning MPS pricing and the MPS Estimator. Using a Dasv4 virtual machine with more vCPUs is significantly more expensive. 4 vCPUs are 4 times more expensive then using 2 vCPUs. I was expecting that double the amount of cores would result in only double the expenses.

Is the "hourly rate for selected Virtual machines" per machine or per core?

Thanks for clarification!

pricingmultiplayer
playfab-pricing.png (170.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

First, 4 cores cost twice as much as 2 cores, then since you have twice the number of cores, the number of core hours is also double, so the total price is twice the price times twice the number of hours is the original price four times. Also, the "hourly rate for selected Virtual machines" is the price per core hour. For more information about server pricing, please refer to the documentation.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wolfgang Litzlbauer avatar image Wolfgang Litzlbauer commented ·

Thanks for the clarification!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rakesh Varna avatar image
Rakesh Varna answered

I happened to come across this post. So, there was a bug in the calculator that we have fixed now. You are right that the price shouldnt have multiplied the way it did. Please try it out again and let us know.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.