question

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison asked

Unable to instantiate module "OnlineSubsystemPlayFab" Build Error Fix?

I've been following the documentation to get the playfab environment setup in my project. The marketplace SDK installed with no issues, however whenever I went to add the PlayFab OSS I received this error log below. I'm using a source build of Unreal Engine 5 latest pull. I have the GSDK installed and setup properly and I've removed all of platforms I'm not shipping to. Somehow win64 dependencies for the OSS aren't found and I'm not sure whats going wrong.

Build started 7/26/2022 11:03:39 PM.
Logging verbosity is set to: Normal.Project "F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.sln" on node 1 (Games\ProjectGenesis target(s)).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
ValidateProjects:
  The project "BuildPatchTool" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "CrashReportClient" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "CrashReportClientEditor" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithUE4ArchiCAD" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithArchiCAD" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithFacadeCSharp" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2016" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2017" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2018" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2019" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2020" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2021" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2022" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithMax2023" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithNavisworks2019" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithNavisworks2020" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithNavisworks2021" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithNavisworks2022" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithNavisworks2023" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2018" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2019" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2020" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2021" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2022" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRevit2023" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRhino6" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithRhino7" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithSketchUpRuby2019" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithSketchUpRuby2020" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithSketchUpRuby2021" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithSketchUpRuby2022" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "DatasmithSolidworks2021" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "EpicWebHelper" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "TextureShareSDK" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "BootstrapPackagedGame" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
  The project "LyraGameEOS" is not selected for building in solution configuration "DebugGame Editor|Win64".
Project "F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.sln" (1) is building "F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
Build:
  F:\UE5\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="LyraEditor Win64 DebugGame -Project=\"F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.uproject\"" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild
  Using bundled DotNet SDK
  Log file: F:\UE5\UnrealEngine\Engine\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
  Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (F:\UE5\UnrealEngine).
  Creating makefile for LyraEditor (.uproject file is newer)
  Compiling GameFeaturePlugins in branch ++UE5+Release-5.0
  OnlineSubsystemPlayFab: building for platform WIN64
UnrealBuildTool : error : Unable to instantiate module 'OnlineSubsystemPlayFab': PlayFab precompiled dependencies were not found for the platform you are trying to compile. [F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj]
                          (referenced via ProjectGenesis.uproject -> OnlineSubsystemPlayFab.uplugin)
D:\Microsoft\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(45,5): error MSB3073: The command "F:\UE5\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="LyraEditor Win64 DebugGame -Project=\"F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.uproject\"" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6. [F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.sln" (Games\ProjectGenesis target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.sln" (Games\ProjectGenesis target) (1) ->
"F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
(Build target) -> 
  UnrealBuildTool : error : Unable to instantiate module 'OnlineSubsystemPlayFab': PlayFab precompiled dependencies were not found for the platform you are trying to compile. [F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj]
  D:\Microsoft\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(45,5): error MSB3073: The command "F:\UE5\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="LyraEditor Win64 DebugGame -Project=\"F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\ProjectGenesis.uproject\"" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6. [F:\z_Project Genesis\GenesisGame\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ProjectGenesis.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.17
sdksunrealmultiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

I tried running in DevelopmentEditor|Win64 as well as DebugGameEditor|Win64 still the same precompiled dependencies error

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison answered

I fixed this error by manually adding my projects path to the "ConfigurePlayFabDependencies" function in the OSSPlayfab build.cs file

I'm sure its a way to get the directory of the project the plugin is in instead of defaulting to the engine's directory..

public void ConfigurePlayFabDependencies(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, ModuleRules ThisModule)
{
    string PlatformDir = Path.Combine("F:\\z_Project Genesis\\GenesisGame\\","Plugins", "Online", "OnlineSubsystemPlayFab", "Platforms", "Windows");
}
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Glad you solved it, feel free to make a new post if you have any other questions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.