question

Kytan avatar image
Kytan asked

ICMP Ping Requests Steam Server

I'm unable to Ping my UE4 Steam Server using the ICMP protocol, I tried opening it in the firewall in the virtual machine but didn't work, how can I enable the ICMP protocol properly? Thanks

Steam Ping Documentation: ISteamMatchmakingServers Interface (Steamworks Documentation) (steamgames.com) (Scroll down to PingServer)

unrealCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Did you host your custom server to PlayFab? If so, ping is disabled on the Azure VM for security purposes.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kytan avatar image Kytan commented ·

Yes I'm hosting the custom server on Playfab, is there a way to override that and enable ping?

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Kytan commented ·

This is a limitation on the Azure side, it is recommended that you seek some support from Azure.

Also, if you want to test server latency, you can refer to Quality-of-service (QoS) beacons to measure player latency to Azure - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.