question

Paul Boutros avatar image
Paul Boutros asked

Entity files limitation

Just wondering if it is possible to subscribe to a plan where more than 10 entity files can be uploaded.
I know there is the possibility to upload on the CDN, but as far as I know this can not be done from the client.
Basically I have a WebGL 2d sandbox game, and the world data is saved into small data of chunks that are my entities... each are 942 KB.

But these 942 KB once desterilized in the unity game creates memory allocation.. that freezes a bit the game because WebGL is not performant enough.

So I am in the process of cutting down these chunk of data into even smaller chunks.. but then I may not be able to store them all as entities because they would be more than 10.

What would be the alternative way of uploading and storing these on Playfab side?

Thanks

entitieslimitsdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If you want to increase the limitation of the number of Entity File, you can contact us to discuss the details with an Enterprise plan, which starts at $10k per month.

I'm not quite sure if the "world data" you're talking about is global data or the player's personal data, if it's personal data, since the size of those data are not large, I think you don’t have to store them in the Entity File, you can store it in the Player Data, which can store more than 10 key/value pairs, each has a size of 300,000 bytes.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Boutros avatar image
Paul Boutros answered

Thanks for the info, although I would not be ready to upgrade to the Enterprise plan yet...
The "worldData" I am referring to is part of the player's personal data and yes I though about storing it into PlayerData keys, but though the player data exclusively store JSON file whereas "worlddata" is currently binary file. If I have to save them as JSON, that is doable but the file will be bigger. I was planning on chopping "worlddata" into smaller pieces anyway so it may be worth trying.

By any change do you have a link to all the storing size limitation on Playfab, playerData, statitics ?
I was not even sure about the 300,000 bytes limits of PlayerData Key.
Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

You can check the limit at [Game Manager]->[Title Settings]->[Limits].

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.