question

helloza123 avatar image
helloza123 asked

How to get list of guilds to join?

Hello, I would like to know how to get list of guild to join. I've search through the forum and found this

https://community.playfab.com/questions/38414/how-to-get-list-of-clansgroups-available-to-join.html

but it's not work for me and I'm not sure I've done it correctly either. I tried to create a group with title entity as admin but the method to show members didn't return other groups data as the above thread (possibly) did. I've tried to use ApplyToGroup API to apply newly created group to the bigger group name ''allGuilds" but it's returned the error saying that only entity of type character and title_player_account entity can be added to the group.

So, I'm currently on the dead end and don't know how to make it work. Any workaround would be appreciate. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helloza123 avatar image
helloza123 answered

I finally understand the answer in the above thread now. I've confused between list membership and list group member. But still want to know if the proper solution to this problem have been developed yet?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab has not provided this feature yet, If you need it, you can vote for this thread: Get List of available clans/groups.

Currently, you can follow Sarah’s answer as a workaround. Or as another alternative, you may create a player as a robot, and add it to the guild via AddMembers API when a guild is created. Then, when you want to list all guilds, you can call ListMemebership API on that robot to get all guilds this robot is in. The two methods are roughly the same, but the implementation is slightly different, please choose according to your needs.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.