question

Resul avatar image
Resul asked

Any difference between Playfab C# SDK and PlayFab Unity SDK?

This documentation mentions like:

The C# PlayFab SDK should not be used if there is a more specific SDK that is suited for your project.

and it says there is PlayFab Unity SDK. Currently, I am using PlayFab Unity SDK, PlayFab Party Unity SDK and also Photon Engine (PUN 2). There is chat networking via PlayFab Party Unity SDK and there will be voice communication. I am going to build the game for iOS and Android. At this time, the Unity Version that I use is 2020 LTS. I could change to the new LTS version which is: 2021 LTS.

API Compatibility Level is .Net 4x

In my case, are there any specific reasons for using PlayFab Unity SDK instead of PlayFab C# SDK?

Are there any API call changes?

There are two Request Types in PlayFab Unity SDK, Unity Web Request and HTTP Web Request. Are there any performance issues between them?

Is there any problem using PlayFab C# SDK with PlayFab Party Unity SDK and Photon Engine (PUN2)?

Is the only reason to use PlayFab C# SDK instead of PlayFab Unity SDK is to take advantage of Asynchronous programming?

apisunity3dsdksphotonmultiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Resul avatar image Resul commented ·

@Gosen Gao

Is it possible somehow that merge PlayFab C# SDK Async functionality with PlayFab Unity SDK without breaking the workflow of PlayFab Party Unity SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Resul commented ·

Since the PlayFab Party Unity SDK is based on PlayFab Unity SDK, using the C# SDK with the PlayFab Party Unity SDK will require a lot of code modification, and we cannot guarantee that it will work.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> In my case, are there any specific reasons for using PlayFab Unity SDK instead of PlayFab C# SDK? Is the only reason to use PlayFab C# SDK instead of PlayFab Unity SDK is to take advantage of Asynchronous programming? Are there any API call changes?

To understand the difference between PlayFab Unity SDK and C# SDK, please refer to Unity SDK vs C# SDK - Playfab Community. Both API calls are asynchronous, and the APIs of the two are basically the same.

>> There are two Request Types in PlayFab Unity SDK, Unity Web Request and HTTP Web Request. Are there any performance issues between them?

Both are mature networking libraries, and there is no obvious performance difference.

>> Is there any problem using PlayFab C# SDK with PlayFab Party Unity SDK and Photon Engine (PUN2)?

The PlayFab Party Unity SDK is based on the PlayFab Unity SDK, so you may not be able to use the C# SDK with the PlayFab Party Unity SDK.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.