question

sharkraceclub avatar image
sharkraceclub asked

Unreal GDSK Server local debug

I build Unreal Windows Server with Playfab plugin and run it just from folder. In log I got this error:

Heartbeat endpoint and Server id are required configuration values.

As I got from this forum I need to run it locally from LocalMultiplayerAgent but instructions about this part are confusing https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/localmultiplayeragent/run-process-based-gameserver

leads me to

https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/tree/main/wrappingGsdk#wrapping-an-existing-game-server-using-the-wrapper-app

Do I need to wrap UnrealServer build with wrapper.exe too?

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

To use PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, the GSDK is required, which helps you connect your game server to the PlayFab agent. If you have followed Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) to integrate the PlayFab GSDK, then you can debug your server build directly with LocalMultiplayerAgent. If not, then you need to follow Wrapper sample to wrap your server build first.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sharkraceclub avatar image
sharkraceclub answered

Thank you for answer, I been able to run my Windows Build locally without any wrappers. Now need to make work Linux container build.

10 |1200

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

As @Gosen Gao mentioned, your best chance is to integrate your game server with GSDK. The wrapper sample is intended for experimentation/demo, not for production. Good luck!

10 |1200

lex@splashmusic.com avatar image
lex@splashmusic.com answered

Looks like i'm in exactly the same boat. Trying to get a GSDK server running in a simple Docker container and running into this issue. There seems to be a lot of threads for this issue but no one has communicated a solution yet.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.