question

jooglier4 avatar image
jooglier4 asked

How can I get access to "West Europe"-Region for PlayFab Server?

I’m building a multiplayer game with Unity. I’m located in Germany, so I need to run a server in the region „West Europe“ in order to get better network performance.

Right now I setted up a server in North Europe but I get a ping of 45 – 65 in my game which causes movements laggs… I tried to „Change Quota“ but I don’t know what I really did there? It’s approved but I think the server is still running in North Europe, isn’t it?

So I read throught some documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/identifying-and-increasing-core-limits and here you say: contact us to gain access to additional compute series, regions, or limit increases.

So can you give me access to West Europe?

Or can you give me a detailed explanation of how I can swap regions?

I’m building a multiplayer game with Unity. I’m located in Germany, so I need to run a server in the region „West Europe“ in order to get better network performance. Right now I setted up a server in North Europe but I get a ping of 45 – 65 in my game which is too high and causes movement laggs… I tried to „Change Quota“ but I don’t know what I really did there? It’s approved but I think the server is still running in North Europe, isn’t it?

So I read throught some documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/identifying-and-increasing-core-limits and here you say: contact us to gain access to additional compute series, regions, or limit increases.

So can you give me access to West Europe?

Or can you give me a detailed explanation of how I can swap regions?

Custom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Please navigate to [Game Manager]->[Multiplayer]->[Servers]->[Your build]->[Regions], where you should be able to select the "West Europe" region after you click the “Add region” button. Then you can remove the server instances in North Europe and add some server instances in this region. If there is no "West Europe", as the documentation mentions, please contact support@playfab.com to gain access to this region.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.