question

halpar avatar image
halpar asked

how can i make only 1 server build possible to be created by client

I have a game with a server auhrative ranked mode, where after the match ends server updates the clients elos. I also want to make a normal game mode using the lobbies where friends can invite eachother using connection string, then the host friend can use requestmultiplayerserver to get a server and play a normal game with his friend. The builds for these 2 game modes will differ in the sense that normal game server wont update player elos while the ranked games will. Ranked games use matchmaking to be allocated so that already works but I had to turn off "allow client to start games" option to disable the clients from using this build. but for normal game i need the clients to be able to start games. How can i go about allowing clients to only be able to request servers for a specific build?

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You can implement an Azure Function which can only request servers for a specific build. Since the Azure Functions are on behalf of server, so you don't need to "allow client to start games". Clients can call this Azure Function to get the server details. Please also make sure necessary verification steps have been implemented to avoid abusive use.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.