question

cartellonegerardo avatar image
cartellonegerardo asked

How to view logs from azure cloud script functions?

How do I view the logs I make with log.LogInformation("my log") in the azure cloud-scripts.

Also if there is another easier way to log things with azure cloud-scripts would highly appreciate information about it.

I tried to follow this tutorial:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-monitor-log-analytics?tabs=csharp

but things are not quite working out for me.

first this part was very different from the tutorial but I seem to have gone through it after having made a log analytics workspace. following this tutorial: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/logs/quick-create-workspace.

In this next screen I'm supposed to see here under LogManagement a category function App logs but for me it's not there.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

analytics
sfd3i.png (179.6 KiB)
kflhv.png (116.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Basically, you can refer to this document -- Monitor Azure Functions | Microsoft Docs. Please understand PlayFab can only provide Azure Function integration assistance and basic usage introductions. You may find dedicated support from Azure support team. Thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cartellonegerardo avatar image cartellonegerardo commented ·

yea I can tell the azure environment is a whole different animal,

in any case thanks to your help I managed to find an easy way to view the logs:

more details here for anyone else looking for an answer to this:

basically As I read I had to go to my app and then click "log stream" my only issue was that I had no clue what my app was so I went to the azure portal home then to all resources page where all my resources where listed which all seemed good candidates to be my app.

I clicked on all of them and eventually found it, it's the one with the thunder icon.

you just have to scroll down a lot once in the resource specific options.

0 Likes 0 ·
bktg2.png (40.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.