question

George Tziazas avatar image
George Tziazas asked

HoloLens Deployed Application Crashes on PlayFab Calls

Developing a HoloLens 2 application in Unreal Engine 4. All is working as intended when I run it through the engine VR Preview. When I deploy it, everything runs as intended until I make a PlayFab call. Then it crashes, sending me to the device "Home Screen". The call is a simple Set PlayFab Settings call. I intentionally trigger it manually to test this behavior, making sure that it is indeed the call that forces the application to crash. Any ideas?

unreal
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

Can you provide some error message or reproducible steps? If possible, we would like you to provide some code snippets for us to reproduce. Please also provide the PlayFab SDK version and Unreal version you are using.

0 Likes 0 ·
George Tziazas avatar image George Tziazas commented ·

Yes, of course. Unreal Engine 4.27. PlayFab plugin as provided by the unreal marketplace, installed to the engine, and enabled in the project. Simple empty scene with a UXT button for HoloLens, that once you click it, it sets PlayFab Settings as seen on the screenshot capture.png.

When the button is clicked, if I am in VR Preview on the editor, everything works normally and the level progresses. When the button is clicked on the deployed app in the actual physical device, it crashes.

As for the error logs within the device, the only thing that I can find is a CrashReportClient.ini file but I don't think that is what you need. Could you please let me know if there is somewhere else that I should look?

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (141.4 KiB)
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang George Tziazas commented ·

You can try to manually fill in the TitleID and SecretKey in Settings->Project Settings->Plugins->PlayFab.

We'll dig into this issue, and it would be helpful if you could provide a crash log or dump.

0 Likes 0 ·
George Tziazas avatar image George Tziazas Made Wang commented ·

I know you can manually set it. I did. As I said previously, the VR Preview works as intended, calls going and updating. It only crashes on HoloLens with no error message. This is the log that I found in the device. It seems that for some reason it cannot understand the PlayFab nodes. Like the plugin is missing or something. parkinson.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
parkinson.txt (65.5 KiB)
Show more comments
sabunny210 avatar image
sabunny210 answered

Try decord this is more for the api servers

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have reproduced this issue in my testing environment and will submit a report to the product team. I will keep you informed if there are any updates. Thanks for your understanding.

10 |1200

George Tziazas avatar image
George Tziazas answered

For anyone else coming across this, a temporal solution that we are currently using is VaRest plugin and construct the API calls as in PlayFab Postman documentation. Until the plugin starts working again. I hope that this can help others coming across this issue.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.