question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

Server API for GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer equivalent missing

I've been creating my own sort of friend request service using playfab. I began integrating it with the stats and leaderboard code and realized oddly that some GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer equivalent is missing from the server API.

I'm just curious why this is the case and if there is any proposed workaround? Off the top of my head I can think of querying the regular leaderboard for the player's position and then using GetFriendLeaderboard, however this seems overly difficult. Am I missing something, or is that functionality just not built out server side?

Thanks in advance!

Leaderboards and StatisticsFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

In most cases the client needs such a function, so only the client API GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer is currently available. If you need a server version, please feel free to post a feature request for it.

Currently, you may need to call API GetFriendLeaderboard to get all friends’ leaderboard, and then select the required data according to the current player’s position.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.