question

franciscoraposo avatar image
franciscoraposo asked

Can't create a new player in the PlayFab dashboard

Hi,

I'm having issues creating a new player using the dashboard.

When I access this page: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/TITLE_ID/players/new

and I click on "Create and Login player", I get an error message simply saying "Error". When opening the console, I see that it's returning an HTTP 405 Method not allowed.

Might it be something affected by our custom API policy?

Thanks!

Player DataTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Do you get the same error when calling LoginWithCustomID?

You mentioned that you customized the policy, then you can create a new title and do a quick test to determine whether the problem is caused by the policy. You can also provide your custom policy, and we will do some testing.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franciscoraposo avatar image franciscoraposo commented ·

As it turned out, it was caused by not allowing Login With Custom ID (Client API) in our policy.

As soon as I allowed it using the Admin API call UpdatePolicy, it worked.

This feels a bit weird though... even if the PlayFab dashboard button does the same as the API call, they should have different sets of permissions. Someone in the dashboard has full access, and we don't want to allow players to Login with Custom ID just to have this feature enabled for us developers. The dashboard feature should not be tied to a Client API call.

Anyways, it's all good now, I updated the policy temporarily for the purpose of this post and then reverted back when it was done.

Thank you for the answer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.