question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

Encoding problem when starting the server (Session Cookie)

Hello.
I use the Unreal Engine and the GSDK plugin to work with Server 2.0.
When I start the server, I send custom data inside the Session Cookie, such as the server name, Imap, and others.
I am from Russia and therefore, out of habit, I entered the name of the server in Russian. But the server didn't start.
Then I started to study this issue and realized that the problem is related to the Russian letters inside the Session Cookie.
Moreover, the dedicated server remains running, but on PlayFab it never sends the status "Active", but always "SteandBy". For this reason, PlayFab thinks that the session is active and new servers cannot be requested (I get an error "No Hosts available in regions 'EastUs', please retry.").
You can also reproduce this using local debugging.

I ask for help in fixing this problem.
My ID: BDA22
code-z5twcnmyks.png

sdksunrealmultiplayersupport
code-z5twcnmyks.png (15.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich answered

I found the problem. Just remove this check, it doesn't make any sense.
File -> GSDKInternal.cpp -> 217

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

we suggest using ASKII characters for session cookie because it is possible to cause length mismatching when converting Russian letters.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.