question

ben zhao avatar image
ben zhao asked

steam in app purchase problem,same codes except app id, one works and the other doesnot work

hi,

I have a problem with in app purchase and steam is not showing the windows. Three applications generated from the some unity codes except id number were used for tested. They share the same WEB API key, economy, inventory and Jason settings except ID number in steam. The Playfab add on settings are the same except the id number. One application couldn't open the steam payment window, and the other two worked.

can any one help with this?

Thank you!

hi ,

I have a problem with in app purchase and steam is not showing the windows.

Three applications generated from the some unity codes except id number were used for tested. They share the same WEB API key, economy, inventory and Jason settings except ID number in steam. The Playfab add on settings are the same except the id number.

One application couldn't open the steam payment window, and the other two worked.

can any one help with this?

thank you!

In-Game EconomyPartner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ben zhao avatar image
ben zhao answered

@Made Wang

There isn't any error message. The exact same codes and the same jason file (except the application ID) were used to produce builds. I tried with the third app id, and the third one worked as well. Please see attachement for details. It is odd and I haven't come across before.

testing-details-2.pdf

Thank you for your help!

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

For PlayFab, when you call PayForPurchase, PlayFab notifies Steam to pop up an overlay window. From your description, this API call is successful. Also, did you test by changing the App ID on the same Title? If so, is it possible a configuration issue, refer to the situation mentioned in this thread.

Additionally, we recommend that you also seek professional support from the Steamworks developer forums.

0 Likes 0 ·
ben zhao avatar image ben zhao Made Wang commented ·

it is the problem with the applicaiton (not game) on steam. Now this problem has been solved. thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang ben zhao commented ·

I'm glad you solved this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Is there any error message when calling PayForPurchase? Also, you mentioned that one app id is usable and the other is not, so have you tried changing the app id to investigate further?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.