question

Karthik avatar image
Karthik asked

Playfabtitileid showing null

Hello,

I have imported Playfab sdk into unity, then I pasted titleid & secret key in the inspector. when I hit play button or just click on any other option this titleid & secret key is getting empty. When I hit the play button console shows titleid is null. Tried re-installing unity, I even tried with an empty new project too the same thing happens Can someone help me out?

unity3d
capture.png (85.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Have you used the Upgrade button of PlayFab EdEx to update the SDK? There are some known issues with this update method and cannot be updated to the latest version. So like I said above, you need to import the source code of PlayFab SDK manually.

I test with PlayFabSDK2.116 and 2.123 in unity2020.3.2f1 and everything works fine. But when I add the following code to the script, the program will have the same problem as capture3.png. Can you provide the error code snippet so that we can troubleshoot?

PlayFabSettings.TitleId = "";

Also, you can try to create a new Unity project, import PlayFabSDK, and do a simple test.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

To clarify, if you open the inspection panel via PlayFab->MakePlayFabSharedSettings, then it will clear the TItleId and DeveloperSecretKey by default, which is by design. You can open PlayFabSharedSettings in PlayFabSDK->Shared->Public->Resources.

If you import PlayFabEditorExtensions while importing SDK, then you can set TitleId in PlayFab EdEx->Settings->Project.

You can also set the TitleId in code as follows:

PlayFabSettings.TitleId = [TitleID];

Also, you can import the source code of PlayFabSDK into your project to get the latest version.

If you still can't solve this problem, please provide your Unity version and PlayFabSDK version so that we can reproduce.

10 |1200

Karthik avatar image
Karthik answered

After importing an installing sdk Upgrade to version 2.123.220214 is prompted, when I confirm the upgrade every thing runs well importing assets, compiling scripts.. but again I see the upgrade prompt and an error in the console plz check the image Unity version - 2020.3.2f1

10 |1200

Karthik avatar image
Karthik answered

Here are imgs

1. titleid secretkey filled

2. when I hit the play button titile id gets empty

capture2.png (308.5 KiB)
capture3.png (325.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.