question

Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image
Benjamin Golinvaux asked

Party in generic C++ : where is the most up-to-date sample code?

The initial implementation of the manager class I wrote to handle Party networking + chat was heavily based on the BumbleRumble sample (the NetworkManager C++ class)

However, yesterday, I ran into a bug related to network creation and, by looking deeper, I realized that the NetworkManager class that is supplied in the BumbleRumble sample is quite different from the one supplied in the iOS/Android samples.

The problem I had was actually fixed in the latter (just in case someone runs into it: if you Create a network then, later on, join another network, for instance once you've received the network descriptor of by chat, then the m_onNetworkCreated is erroneously called because it wasn't reset earlier)

The iOS/Android ones (they're the same) look more recent and seem to better handle errors than the BumbleRumble sample but, on the other hand, the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/party-samples pages lists BumbleRumble as the go-to sample for networking and accessible voice chat (that I'd like to use)

Can someone please confirm that the iOS/Android sample is more up-to-date?

Thanks in advance!

apissdksdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Bumble Rumble is a more comprehensive example, as the document mentioned, it demonstrates usage of Party networking, matchmaking, and accessible voice chat—full speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities. Android and iOS samples are our samples for different platforms, it only demonstrates Party chat usage with full speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities. Both are almost made in the same period. It is recommended that you choose different samples according to your needs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image
Benjamin Golinvaux answered

I am really not sure that the iOS/Android sample is more recent because the SetTextChatOptionsCompleted state change (for instance) is only treated in the BumbleRumble sample. I am getting more confused now....

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.