question

TTen avatar image
TTen asked

How to prevent matchmaking ticket rematches?

My game is a 1v1 game and often times if 2 players complete a match and then enter the queue right away again then they will match against each other as a rematch. While this isn't an issue for a single rematch, it becomes an issue when they match against each other multiple games in a row with no breaks inbetween.

Is there a way to somehow add a blacklist of player id's that a player cannot match against. For example, I could let matchmaking know to not match this player against the last 5 player id's that they played with. Or is there some other way to implement a system like this?

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I am researching.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab does not provide rules for blocking players in matchmaking. But you can store the ids of the last 5 players played in an entity object or attribute and do the following.

First, you can make players wait a random amount of time before the match starts, the range of this random value depends on the number of players currently in the game.

Secondly, when the match is successful, call GetMatch to get the required information, determine whether the other party is among the 5 people, and if so, re-match.

In fact, when you have enough player, the probability of a rematch will be very low.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.