question

Ivan Kozka avatar image
Ivan Kozka asked

Retrieve matchmaking parameters for attributes

Hello!

Is there a database for matchmaking? if so, how can it be called? or how to properly save the parameters of the player or his attributes and extract them?

For example, there is a player with saved attributes who wants to enter the game and it is necessary that his attributes are automatically loaded. What solution is there for this?

Player DataPlayer InventoryMatchmaking
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What's the purpose of those parameters? If it is for common use, when creating matchmaking tickets, you can store any attributes in property MatchmakingPlayerAttributes, and these values will be available until the matchmaking ticket/match expires (it will take quite long time after the tickets are matched).

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Kozka avatar image Ivan Kozka Seth Du ♦ commented ·

For long-term use, attributes must be stored somewhere. does playfab have such a database in general for Matchmaking or not? or do I need to create my own database? this is necessary in order to remember the attributes with which I play. Tell me how do you imagine a game where you fill yourself with experience, magic, some skills or abilities?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Kozka avatar image Ivan Kozka Seth Du ♦ commented ·

avatar imageSethDu So is there a database or not? for matchmaking operations

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Sorry for the late response. According to your description, you may try Entity Objects. The basic function of Entity Objects is like Player Data (can be stored for long-term use), besides, the Entity Objects can be directly refered by a matchmaking queue. If selecting any rules in the queue configuration page, for example String Equality Rule, you may switch the "Attribute source" to Player Entity, then input the entity name in Attribute path for reference.

If Attributes source is selected as "User", it can be defined anywhere, including the clients. Some rule attributes don't require anti-cheat, such as QoS/latency. If the source is "User", those parameters can be stored anywhere on PlayFab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.