question

CodeHunter avatar image
CodeHunter asked

Does having PlayFab Editor Extension in Unity and enabling server API expose the developer secret key?

I'm using Mirror for the networking side and it's recommended that I use the same project for both the client and server builds. The problem is more of a security issue because I do recall that having the developer secret key in the client build makes a security hole. I can't really trim out the code between client and server because of the same project thing and the PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI needs server API enabled.

The question is, will the secret key be exposed if I use the extension and enable the server API?

apisunity3dsdksCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, enabling the Server API may expose the secret key. If you have any requirement on using Server API, please migrate this feature to Azure Function.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.