question

Shahid avatar image
Shahid asked

fuzzy search OR Partial DisplayName search

I've to implement fuzzy search in my game where users enter partial displayName and lists of players shown that contain the substring. when the user clicks on the search button, a function call which'll accepts the partial string and maximum size of the return list.

I've seen this feature in lots of games and searched it but didn't find any solution.

can it be possible with a cloud script?

Can you please suggest any help? Thanks (not custom server)

Player DataCloudScriptFriendsPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

To implement fuzzy search, you need to iterate over all players' Display Name. But there is no such way to get all players' Display Name with PlayFab APIs now. You may need some third-party features to help you achieve this function. So far as I have learned that using Database is a good way to do this, for example, Cosmos DB. You can store all players' Display Name and other related info in your Database, and then use query language to do the fuzzy search.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shahid avatar image Shahid commented ·

Thanks for clear the path.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.