question

Chad avatar image
Chad asked

Do I need an Azure Storage server to create functions now?

Hello!

I'm quite new to PlayFab. I seen a lot of tutorials on CloudScript, however, there's no longer a CloudScript option. For creating a function, what do I do to even setup one now? Do I need an Azure subscription in order to use PlayFab? I'm currently on the free version to determine whether I wish to use it for holding Player Data... but I'm in a place where I can't if I can't test net this.

Just need some clarity on how everything is setup now.

Player DataCloudScriptdatasupporttest
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You don't need Azure Storage Server, but an Azure account is required. Feel free to create an Azure free account on Create Your Azure Free Account Today | Microsoft Azure. According to the official document, functions pricing includes a monthly free grant of 4,00,000 GB-s. For more details, please consult Azure sales team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tô Chí Thành avatar image
Tô Chí Thành answered

PlayFab now using Azure Function for Cloud Script. You need to create a Azure Function project (yes, you need a Azure subscription). But Azure have a free tie with 1M request per month. Enough for small game or developing pace. You can follow this tutorial to setup.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript-af/

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.