question

mihigh avatar image
mihigh asked

Google Play signin - Domain Verification

Hello,

I have followed the guide to google play integration with Playfab.

I now need a consent screen and approval from google.

I have been doing back and forward emails with Google and they don't want to approve the request until playfab.com and playfabapi are "owned" by me.

I can't change the DNS of playfab or add anything on the website to prove that I own it.

I have read the threads regarding the issue on the forum. One guy just insisted and in the end the request went through.

Do you have any idea on how to proceed?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,

Mihai

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Thanks for your detailed clarification. After I discussed with our team. As the answer of Jay in this thread - Google Sign-in requests verification of playfab's domain - Playfab Community said, the answer is you still need to contact Google Support to request the verification.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please clarify did you followed this documentation - Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google Play games sign-in in Unity to implement the integration of the Google Play Sign in and PlayFab Authentication? In our test, we can implement this integration successfully without setting up the “Domain Verification” and the “consent screen”. Please note, as the note of this section - Configuring Google Play Games said, if you meet the error “mismatch redirect uri”, you need to change the default callback for Authorized redirect URIs to the proper URI - https://oauth.playfab.com/oauth2/google.

Did we miss anything you need to implement? Did you get some errors in some step? Could you please clarify why you need to set up the “Domain Verification” and the “consent screen”? And could you please provide the link of the thread you mentioned?

1 comment
10 |1200

mihigh avatar image mihigh commented ·

Hello Sarah,

The login works perfectly on my side, there is no error (like mismatch redirect uri).

1. The problem is that once I implement the following line (as your documentation states)

PlayGamesClientConfiguration config = new PlayGamesClientConfiguration.Builder() .AddOauthScope("profile").RequestServerAuthCode(false) .Build();

Google Services will pop a consent screen.

The AddOauthScope function inline documentations states:

///Not setting one will default to 'games_lite' and will not show a consent

///dialog to the user. Valid examples are 'profile' and 'email'.

So the consent screen should be there.

2. Once you have a consent screen, Google has to verify that you are a trusted authority in order to share user data (the profile in this case) with you. In our situation they are asking us to verify that we own "playfab.com and playfabapi.com", because we are making calls to those domains to get the ServerAuth code.

3. If you do not verify your app, you will be under the OAuth user cap. 100 users can use your app until it shows that you are untrusted.

Forum thread:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/46706/does-google-play-integration-through-oauth-actuall.html

Please help :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.