question

PATRICK M FISCHER avatar image
PATRICK M FISCHER asked

Unreal Engine 4 How to properly set the Developer Secret Key

I've already looked at this question here and here, however that method doesn't work as it causes crashes when testing inside of the editor. I'm working strictly in C++ for this portion of our game and I want to set the developer secret key via code when the server is starting up. The docs seem to be out of date and there's conflicting information on various posts i've looked at.

From looking through code, it seems the only place to set it is UPlayFabRuntimeSettings, however that's not mutable as far as I can tell.

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You can set the TitleId and the DeveloperSecretKey with code below.

GetMutableDefault<UPlayFabRuntimeSettings>()->TitleId = "TitleId";
GetMutableDefault<UPlayFabRuntimeSettings>()->DeveloperSecretKey = "DeveloperSecretKey";

For more information, please refer to Upgrade Guide.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

PATRICK M FISCHER avatar image PATRICK M FISCHER commented ·

Ah, I was just missing the template in there. Thanks for the info. Worked like a charm!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.